Please check the facebook page of the group for more up to date photos.
We are well-equipped to perform high resolution optical spectroscopy and microscopy experiments at room temperature and low temperatures. Besides, in our laboratory we can prepare superhydrophobic surfaces using spin-coating. or microfluidic chips using soft lithography. Below is a summary of the major infrastructure available in the laboratory:
- Light sources available in our laboratory include: Ultrafast laser systems, passively Q-switched Nd:YVO4 laser, Yb-fiber laser, tunable external cavity diode lasers at visible and infrared wavelengths, various low power cw diode lasers, an Ar-ion laser operating at 488 nm, and a He-Ne laser at 632.8 nm.
- Available detection systems include spectrometers equipped with monochromators and CCD cameras, single photon counting modules, and various photodetectors.
- A cryogen-free cryostat system.
- Sample preparation room including a spin-coater, vacuum oven, hot plate, chemical hood
- We are able to implement all the steps of PDMS-based microfluidic chio fabrication starting from fabrication of the SU-8 mold using a UV-illumination system.
Apart from the equipment listed above our laboratory has access to the state-of-the-art-laboratories at the Koç University Clean Rooom Lab, Koç University Surface Science and Technology Center, and Koç University TÜPRAŞ Energy Center.